A MAN OF ART – SUNIL
SUNIL KUMAR SINHA
Born – 26th November 1957, at Village – Katabari (Karimganj Dist, Assam)
Father – Shri Dhansena Sinha
Mother – Smt. Rajlakhi Devi
Education from – School- Karimganj, Patherkandi & Paltan Bazar Bengali Boys H.S.School,
– College – In Arya Vidyapeeth College, Guwahati
Nationality – Indian
Resident of – Guwahati, Assam
Community– Bishnupriya Manipuri
Art Education –
- Passed successfully Intermediate Drawing Grade Examination in ‘A’ Grade & Foundation Diploma Examination in 1981, 82 respectively from ‘Indian Art Institute’, Chaani Road, Mumbai-400004
- Passed B.F.A (Applied Art) from Sir J.J. Institute of Applied Art, Dr.D.N Road, Mumbai-400001 in the year 1987 under the guidance of Dean Prof. H.G. Hanmante and K.P Kamat and other faculty like Prof. S. Palsikar, Tirodkar, Rajadhyaksha, Mrs. Karande, Nagvekar, Shetge, Jatkar, Dixit, Deshpande, Nibre, Kale, Machave, Saynekar, Dandekar, Sathaye, Murti & Dr.G.M.Rege
- 19th Annual College –cum-self Help Week 1977-78, Arya Vidyapeeth College, Guwahati-6
- Indian Art Institute Annual Art Exhibition in the year 1981-82
- Sir J.J. Institute Annual Art Exhibition from 1983 to 1987
- Sir J.J Institute Hostel Annual Art Exhibition from 1983 to 1987 Kalanagar, Mumbai
- In North East India Poster drawing competition on HIV/AIDS prevention organized by the Association for Socio-Cultural and Environmental Development in collaboration with SBI & GLP Social Circle, Guwahati.
- LIBERTY OF COLOUR – First Solo Exhibition of Commercial Art on 11th May, 2005 at Super Star Lodge Art Gallery, Guwahati
- ‘Camlin Cash Prize’ Annual Art Exhibition held in Indian Art Institute, Mumbai 18th March, 1982
- Special prize for “Best Photography” organized by Sir J.J.Institute Hostel in the year 1985-86
- Award won in the North East India Poster Drawing Competition on HIV/AIDS Prevention organized by the ASCED in collaboration with SBI & GLP social circle.
Work Experience –
- Did illustration and campaign work for Everest Tea Masala in 1982-83
- Worked as visualiser and finishing artist in Dott Advertising Agency, Grey’s Advertising Agency & Agarwall Advertising Agency, Mumbai, Akriti & Exclusive Advertising Agency, Guwahati.
- Worked for Taj Bajina Shipping Company Group, Mumbai & many other freelance job
- Assisted Mr. Mohan Ghosh in making name casting work for first khasi film “MANIK RAITANG”
- First Bodo film “ALEARAN’s poster design & Assamese film “PAPORI’s press ad. Design.
- Title Script & name casting for Jahnu Barua’s “Halodhia Choraye Baodhan Khai” and “Bonani”
- Title Script & name casting for the Assamese film “Oh Chenai” with Dip K.
- Name Casting for Gautam Bora’s documentary film “Samadan” with Hirayna Kr. Barman.
- Working under the banner of Adworld since 1988 in the commercial field. Done works for Statefed, Tripti Vanaspati, State Prohibition Council, Assam Tourism, DIPR Assam, DIPR Meghalaya, DIPR Arunachal Pradesh, Tea Plantation Provident Fund, Artfed, Fishfed, N.F.Railway, Social Forest, Assam Gas Co., Archbishop House Shillong, All India Radio, Guwahati/Assam Police, AGMC/SBI, Williamson Magor, Adult Education, Public Health Deptt. All Bodo Students Union, Krishna Guru, Don Bosco School, Guwahati, Assam Valley School, Tezpur etc. Associated with Oracle Ad. Agency/Aurora Fine Arts, Macon’s People, Saraighat Offset Press and Hindustan Offset Press etc.